Saturday, June 21, 2008

You Go Alone

I don't like the things you say,
The jokes you tell, the games you play,
Of breaking up and infidelity.
I don't want those things a part of me,
Don't even want them on my mind.
Whatsoever is pure, lovely and true, let it be there to find.
I don't want unacceptable meditations in my heart.
I won't play those roles; I won't play that part!
If you can't live without that game,
Then things between us won't be the same
'Cause I won't play with you.
Pretending to be unfaithful puts one foot out the door
And I know your past; you've stepped beyond the threshold before.
Now you want me to bear the image of the lifestyle you've come to know.
You can color me scarlet in your mind but, my friend, it ain't so!
If that's the place you want to go,
Just tell me; don't just tippy-toe,
Then hang up the phone.
You go alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts