Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Modusoperandi

Please don't tell me anymore!
My ears are tired and have grown sore.
In me, you've "found your home sweet home";
But there you are on the phone
Trying to get between another woman's legs.
Now "our relationship is non-exclusive."
Man, you are so elusive!

So now you want to project that I have some jealousy;
And you can't put your trust in me;
When it's you that can't be trusted.
Man, you are so busted!
Liar, liar
Pants on fire!
We met
On the internet,
On a Christian dating service, where you told me that being single
Was just a jingle;
And the ranks of men were only married liars
With no fear of burning hell fires.
They just wanted some sexual chat.
If it led to more, they'd fancy that.
But you were one with a true heart;
And no lie could ever part
Your lips because you would not defame
Your own surname.
And you were never married.
And so I tarried
To hear just what you had to say.
And with my heart and mind, you did play.
After some years, I came to know you:
To know that every word you spoke was untrue.
You were never legit.
Your heart, you would never commit.
Promises were never kept.
Those would be considered lies except
That you are entitled to change your mind;
And so you did so all the time.
And yes, I soon discovered that you were married too.
But not from you.
It was your own friends and family that let me know
The fool I'd been  - to let go
My heart to you,
Because you
Would never hold it dear.
And so, it does appear
That to lie
Is just your modusoperandi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts