Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Steps

I've lifted you from the ground
And steadied you with my hand.
Now it is time to let you go
And allow you to take your stand
On your own two feet:
To make your first steps alone.
This is your journey and your destiny.
The path before you is your own.

I know that if I let you go,
You may stumble and you may fall;
But I know that you will rise again
And walk among us all.
There was a time for me to help,
But that was for a season:
To see you stand and walk alone
Was the purpose and the reason.

Your sparkling eyes may become sullen
And tears your face may wear
As you stand in fear wondering
How to get from here to there.
At first I will be standing near
Urging you to come.
Afterwards, you will be confidently moving
Without coaxing from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts