Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rome Swooned

Rome swooned.
The reason why I couldn't sleep,
The reason why I couldn't eat
Was standing there in front of me.
He was having a jovial conversation,
Then he raised one brow,
And I took refuge beneath this umbrella
As though my life had been spent standing in the rain.
His eyes said to me, “Come; have a seat.”
He laughed a little chuckle,
And I heard my name being echoed through the mountains
Causing a flock of birds to lift at once from their nests
And take flight across the sky.
As they did, they shook the trees
And their wings sounded the percussion of a melody of love.
And so I laughed to release the joy that had bubbled up inside of me.
As though I had inhaled the aroma of fresh baked bread,
My appetite was whet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts