Saturday, October 1, 2022

Déjà vu!

Déjà vu!
I’ve met you
Sometime in the distant past.
Do you believe in past lives, may I ask?

There is a longing between us that is yet unfulfilled,
A desire for intimacy that is very strong-willed.
Were you a prince and I a pauper, and societal norms kept us apart
And prevented us from dealing with matters of the heart?

Was I untouchable as a Harijan?
Were you a monk and I a seer, separated by religion?
Was sex a topic you were forbidden to discuss?
Were thoughts of passionate lovemaking confused with lust?

Did vows of chastity keep me out of your clutch?
Was I in the king’s harem, where you could only look but don’t touch?
Our souls walk slowly around a fervent fire ablaze.
Our eyes are locked intensely in one another’s gaze.

And I know that we’ve been here again and again.
I don’t know the circumstances and I don’t know when.
I feel an uncontrollable urge to engage in erotic pleasure.
I want to achieve sensual satisfaction without measure.

My insatiable appetite is eager to be set free.
Because I see before me
An irresistible delight, which I’m desirous to gorge.
Yet there is something that prevents me to forge.

So I take my time as a lioness tracking her prey.
I am eager to pounce, and yet I stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts