Wednesday, March 20, 2024

You're not like Others

Oh, darling, did you think I'd fit your mold?
Well, sorry to disappoint, I won't be controlled.
"You're not like others," you say with a smirk,
As if being unique is some sort of quirk.

I don't dance to your tune or follow your line,
I'm not here for your stereotypes to define.
You see, I'm me, unapologetically bold,
Breaking down barriers, stories untold.

Your divisive words won't shake my stride,
I won't let your biases be my guide.
I embrace my roots, my culture, my flair,
I won't conform to your narrow-minded stare.

Celebrating diversity means more than you know,
It's about embracing each unique glow.
So, next time you're tempted to utter those words,
Remember, I'm not here to fit your absurd.

I'm not like others, and that's just fine,
I'll keep shining bright, this light of mine.
So take your stereotypes, your biased view,
I'll be over here, being authentically true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts