Friday, July 11, 2008

Won't Bury My Voice

He has visions of my infidelity every time I speak to another man,
Then I endure his prodding and jokes daily for months on end.
But when
I walk in the room and find him in another’s loving embrace,
Should I speak one word to express my disgust, I’m accosted and slapped in the face.
I’m told to keep silent and speak not a word, not a peep, not a sound, not a trace,
For that would be disrespectful and bring to him much disgrace.
But the husbandman should lead by example and show me the way that it’s done,
Not to ask of me to do what seems the impossible, a thing he has never begun.
The veil to the Holy of Holies is rent
And boldly to the Father I’m sent.
And there I express to God all that I’m feeling and He listens with a great content.
And yet to express to a man what I’m feeling, I have no authority!
I don’t understand this concept. Does this man feel he’s greater than He
Who has made me, greater than He who has made he? Greater than the Father above?
And yet with his mouth he has the boldness to tell me that he’s expressing the Father’s love!
Why am I taken through all these gyrations? Surely there’s another intent.
Does the gravity of my pain magnify his guilt to bring to his mind much torment?
Will silencing my mouth also silence his conscience?
And give him the freedom to indulge in the pleasures he’s seeking?
Well then, I must divulge that I’m leaving.
Don’t worry, he won’t have me around.
He won’t bury my voice in the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts