Wednesday, August 24, 2022

In Your Eyes

In your eyes,
I am a young innocent virgin burgeoning into womanhood.
I surmise
That is all good.

So, I stand in your gaze.
I want only to be whom you see
And be amazed
By your vision of me.

I hide in your embrace
From those who wish to cause me harm and even from my past,
With its hardships you’ve erased
And all the missed opportunities you’ve replaced with new memories that last.

With you, I am refreshed, restored, rejuvenated, and even renewed.
Cinderella has found her prince
And has left her servitude
To her family and hence

Has found her place of honor and respect in his palace.
Rapunzel has let down her hair
And has escaped imprisonment in a phallus
Tower to find freedom and exploration of a world where

She can finally socialize.
Snow White, who by the poisoning of a witch
Dies,
Has been resurrected by her lover’s kiss.

Who said fairytales don’t come true?
I’ve taken a long look at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts