Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Take this Time to Say

Happy Birthday!
This day is very special because you celebrate it in a new way -
In relationship with me.
It is as if our relationship was always meant to be.

Although 54 years have passed,
We’ve come together at last,
To fulfill our purpose and destiny,
In the course of events that would happen inevitably.

In a classroom of smiling faces,
You were drawn to me who had no trace
Of one,
And so our journey together then had begun.

Shrouded in loneliness,
I felt helpless and powerless,
Dissatisfied with a life of emotional pain,
Exhausted by my spirit drained.

Although I was just a young adolescent,
I was cold, stoic, and silent.
My heart had been tortured
Yet, my spirit cried out to be nurtured.

You alone heard me.
You reached out and touched me.
You played in my hair
And made me aware
That although I was at the end of my rope,
I still had life, and as long as I breathe, I have hope.

You fondled my heart with your fingertips and shocked it back into rhythm,
Which enlightened my mind to search for a new algorithm.
My words then were fleeting and few.
But let me take this time to say, “Thank you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed the Hungry

Popular Posts